Chapter XIII - No Sheet, No Eat. That’s no Bullsheet!

Our last night in Jamaica. This is also one of the nights that Hedonism II really rocks. The night of the Toga party and staff or guest talent show. The motto for Thursday is No Sheet – No Eat! And that’s no bullsheet!!

I arose early again, started the coffee in the little pot in the room and went out to look for the real coffee on the beach. Said “how’s tings,” to the queen of security at our end of the beach and headed off to the room to see if my Queen had deigned to arise. (she had) We threw some beach clothes into the beach bag and headed to the beach for an hour or so before breakfast.

I have trouble putting into words what the Caribbean sea does for me. But I could lay for hours just watching the colors of the water interacting with the sky and the sand and the rocks, trees, and everything else around. It just soothes my soul...The beach at Galveston does NOT have the same effect…I don’t think beaches any where else have the same effect except maybe for GRAND ANSE BEACH in Grenada. That’s another trip from another time…

We hung out at the beach for an hour and (met the guy who takes care of the beach) decided to head up for breakfast. They had SALTFISH and ACKEE this morning. The Queen took one look at that and said, “I don’t think so, T's,” and sauntered away to find something more conventional in the way of breakfast foods. I however, being the adventurous soul that I am, had determined to eat as much Jamaican food as I could. I had tried the curried goat, even though it didn’t look too appetizing for lunch or dinner one night (It was good). That being said…I did try a little saltfish and ackee. Went to traditional American type breakfast foods myself. It was very different. And must be a taste that is acquired, like Scotch. I’ll try again, next time.

Walked down through the prude beach (Why is it always desserted?) after breakfast to hit the beach again (HEAVY on that sunscreen, BOY!). Laid around til about 10:30 as we had scheduled to go to World Famous Rick’s Café for lunch with this nice girl from Noo York state that we had met. Jumped in the shower real quick! (Love those outdoor freshwater showers!) Headed up towards the entrance for our rendezvous. Hopped in the taxi we had booked and we were outta there!

The ride through town was again, eye opening, (The poverty in Jamaica is grinding) but mostly uneventful, aside from a couple of adrenalin rushes, (WE’RE GONNA DIE!!!) that is. We got to Rick’s and got a table out over the cliffs so as to watch the foolhardy (Read: Young) souls that were jumping off the cliff! I woulda done it when I was younger (Hell I would’ve led the charge!), but not today…

Can you spell CHICKEN? I knew that you could…

Kind of fun to watch though. They had to fish a couple of kids outta there that had hit wrong but I don’t think (while we were there at least) there were any serious injuries. The food was all right, nothing to right home about, though and very pricey…But our new friend from NOO York got some good pictures of people falling, I mean jumping, off the cliffs. But now we can say that we’ve been to the “world famous” Rick’s. Back in the taxi and buzzed through town and back to Hedonism.

We got back in time to catch the toga tying demonstration (!!) So with our our knot tieing strategy down... back to the beach for a few hours until we had to get ready for:

toga, Toga, TOGA, TOGA, TOGA!!!


We went back to the room to wash the grit off and get ready for dinner and the TOGA party. Did our regimen and it was still too early to go up for the party, so we decided to (Ahem) have a little together time and lay down for a little while….I rolled over to look at the clock at three AM. “shit...” Sleep. When we woke up again it was…early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home